Former VHSC Star reflects on how COVID-19 has changed his perspective and outlook… Check out this great article from March and Brandon’s 21st birthday… its a great read for all!
Follow Brandon on twitter @brandonservania
RE: COVID-19 UPDATES FOR ALL VESTAVIA HILLS SOCCER CLUB MEMBERS
NOTE: ALL PRACTICES, GAMES, TOURNAMENTS, AND CAMPS SUSPENDED
Dear Vestavia Hills Soccer Club Members,
Unfortunately, all soccer events including training, games, tournaments, and camps are suspended indefinitely. We are disappointed about the cancelation because for the players, coaches, and staff our training, games, tournaments, and camps are a highlight for us.
However, our organisation plays a role in public health and protecting our members. It is critical to keep the welfare and safety of our members and general public at the forefront of our decisions.
Please make sure to keep up to date on developments regarding Public Health via the CDC and WHO websites and other media outlets:
- WHO International COVID-19 Updates: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/events-as-they-happen
- CDC COVID-19 Updates: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- Also, please make sure to read the letter from Alabama Soccer Association below.
We will publish updates as they are made for Vestavia Hills Soccer Club and its members. Thank you for understanding and be safe.
Dear Alabama Soccer Association Members:
As the situation regarding COVID-19 increases, Alabama Soccer and our Board of Directors have been monitoring with help from the Center For Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), United States Youth Soccer Association (USYS) and United States Soccer Federation (USSF). Our organisation is concerned about the health and safety of our members, as well as those in our community, as we make decisions about upcoming spring soccer activity.
- On March 12th, US Youth Soccer suspended all National League and Conference play matches that required significant car travel and/or air travel.
- On March 12th, United States Soccer Federation suspended all play within their programs through April 30th.
ASA and our Board of Directors have met to discuss the situation as it continues to develop.
- At this time we will be suspending all play (ASL, Tournaments, Practice, Games) in Alabama associated with ASA through March 29, 2020.
Our staff will continue to be available to you during this time. ASA and our staff will continue to evaluate the situation on a regular basis and keep you informed.
The key is to do what we can to prevent the spread of this virus. As an individual, take basic precautions such as washing your hands frequently. We will keep you updated and post all updates on social media and our website as the environment changes.
Alabama Soccer Association
After two games on Saturday, they beat Busa in the semifinal 2-0 and advanced to the finals for a rematch with Bayside Dynamo, their only loss in the first round. It was a hard fought game to a 1-1 tie with Steamers winning the PK shootout to secure the gold. Proud of these boys for a hard fought and much deserved victory!
Unfortunately, the Spring Break Camp 2020 is officially canceled.
Players will have a chance to improve their technical ability in a positive, exciting, and challenging environment during their school break. We are glad you are joining us! Coach Ike Udeh heads up the Spring Break Camp in 2020! Come learn from Vestavia’s finest!
Spring Break Camp 2020 Dates:
- Dates: March 23-26, 2020 (Monday-Thursday)
- Times: 9:00am 12:00pm with early drop-off and late pick-up available
- Locations: Sicard Hollow Athletic Complex
- Open to Players Ages: 6-14, recreational and competitive players
- Cost: $130
- Director: Ike Udeh, email@example.com
If you have any questions, please contact Spring Break Camp Director Ike Udeh at firstname.lastname@example.org
See you on the fields!
In celebration of the life of Coach Ken Headley, we will be hosting the 1st annual Ken Headley Celebration Match.
We will celebrate Ken’s life in a way he would want, through the game. All proceeds will go to the Jimmy V Foundation.
- What: Ken Headley Celebration Match
- When: April, 10, 2020
- Time: 6:30-7:30 PM
- Where: Liberty Park Soccer Complex Field 14
- Who: All players, coaches, friends, and family of Coach Ken
- Cost: $20 for tickets/donation minimum (show up and support and/or donate) – you must donate or purchase tickets to participate in the match and receive a t-shirt
Link for sign ups, donations, and tickets: Click here to sign up today!
Come out and support Coach Ken and his legacy.
VHSC Attack 08 Black went 3-0 to win the Vestavia International Tournament.
The VIT allowed the girls their first experience with 11v11 soccer. They did a fantastic job adjusting the field size and number of players to accomplish a 3 game shutout. This is the 3rd tourney Attack 08 Black has won this season!
Team led by coach Ike Udeh.
Congratulations to the ’08 Steamers Black and Coach Ike for being finalist in the VIT.
This was the first time the boys played 11v11, achieving victories of 8-0, 9-0, and 2-0. In the championship game, the boys fought back to tie the game to 1-1, which lead to overtime.
Unfortunately, they fell short in PK’s resulting in a loss of 2-1. We are so proud of the boys and all their hard work. They battled like true champions and never gave up. Go Steamers!!!
Professional soccer is back in 2020 as the Legion FC take on the powerhouse Atlanta United from the MLS! We are super excited to have one of the country’s best MLS teams right here in Beautiful Birmingham! Don’t miss out on this great opportunity for VHSC players and families to see the highest level of professional soccer right here in Birmingham!
VHSC players and families will save $$$ with the code: VHSC
Contact Cason Gooch at (205) 842-4406 or email at email@example.com for any questions!
Let’s support our Legion against the MLS powerhouse Atlanta United on February 8!