TOPSoccer - Spring 2022
Fostering Personal Growth for Special Needs & Disabled Children
Thank you for your interest in our TOPSoccer Program at Vestavia Hills Soccer Club for this Season! This registration is for U4-U19 PLAYERS only.
Volunteers Coaches-Sidekicks register using a different registration.
Ages: Boys and Girls U4-U19
Days / Times: Sundays from 5:30-6:30 PM
Location: Sicard Hollow Athletic Complex
Spring 2022 Dates:
- April 3
- April 10
- April 24
- May 1
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
RE: COVID-19 UPDATES 1/11/2022
Unfortunately, COVID-19 is not going away and the omicron variant is spreading much more rapidly than any other variants. You may have heard that the infection with omicron results in less severe disease than infection with the prior variants. This may or may not be true, but what is undisputed is that the rapid spread of omicron means that many thousands of people will be infected within a similar timeframe, burdening the healthcare system, hindering medical procedures, and limiting access to care for all.
As a club, we want to be responsible citizens and do our part in the community to reduce the transmission of COVID-19.
Here are the top four things you can do to help the community and keep your soccer player playing:
- Get vaccinated. Get boosted if you are eligible. The Pfizer vaccine is now available to anyone 5 years of age and older. We urge all players and parents to get vaccinated.
- Be proactive. If your player is notified of (or has) a close contact exposure or has symptoms, report it in the COVID portal, so the club can take appropriate action to keep the whole team safe and playing. CLICK HERE TO REPORT
- A close contact exposure is being less than 6 ft away from an infected person for 15 or more cumulative minutes in a 24 hr period.
- Take appropriate action. If you get notice of a close contact exposure, DO NOT get tested immediately. Testing too soon can result in false negatives. Do the following if you have a close contact exposure:
- If you are vaccinated or have had COVID in the last 90 days, monitor for symptoms and take precautions around others (such as wearing a mask).
- If you are NOT vaccinated, isolate for 5 days OR test on day 3 and you can return with a negative test.
- If you TEST POSITIVE for COVID, isolate for 5 days (from date of positive test) before returning. If you are still experiencing symptoms at day 5, then continue to isolate until you are symptom-free without medication for 24 hours
- Create and maintain safe team environments
- Please do NOT bring a player to practice that has ANY symptoms of illness. No one wants COVID or any other disease spread at practices or games.
- No team meals or gatherings indoors! The science still demonstrates (and we have observed first-hand) that the threat of viral transmission outdoors is still low. But indoor, crowded, or poorly ventilated events increase the spread of the virus DRAMATICALLY.
- If you must carpool, wear masks always, and keep the windows down whenever reasonable. Only carpool when absolutely necessary. This will limit the quarantine of everyone in the carpool, should one individual test positive for COVID.
RE: Coach Education Platform
Vestavia Hills Soccer Club has partnered with The Coaching Manual!
We are delighted to announce that we have partnered with The Coaching Manual in order to support our coaches with the world’s best tools and digital training content.
The Coaching Manual is a resource built for soccer coaches who want to improve their understanding of coaching, find real practical sessions which they can use, and accelerate the development of their players by creating a first-class soccer learning environment.
Chris Barton, Founder of The Coaching Manual, said:
”The Coaching Manual was built to make top coaching content available to everyone, whether they are a student, volunteer, or working in the professional game.
“Our objective is to inspire coaches and players around the world to fall in love with football like we did. We are proud of what we have built, and proud of the fact we are able to help thousands of coaches around the world every single day."
The wealth of broadcast-quality video content available on The Coaching Manual includes a series of masterclasses delivered by some of the most highly-respected coaches in the game, recorded in partnership with the League Managers Association.
The platform also features a number of professional tools, such as the session and diagram creators, shareable folders and club organisational tools, and The Coaching Manual’s intuitive Season Planner.
Academy Director and General Manager, Jason Woodall said...
"The Coaching Manual is the most innovative and robust Coach Education Platform on the market today. One of the most vital pathways and challenges for Coaches to learn is watching other Coaches. In today's society, we are all extremely busy including our Coaches. The Coaching Manual brings Professional Coaches to our Coaching Staff via their smartphones, computers, and tablets! It's amazing to have access to the best coaches around the world coaching actual players in sessions with the click of the mouse or just by opening the app on the phone... We are grateful for the vision of The Coaching Manual and Founders!"
The Coaching Manual is trusted by coaches, clubs, and organisations around the world from grassroots to elite level, including Southampton FC, Sheffield United, Rangers FC, the American Youth Soccer Organization, Chicago Fire, and more. The platform is also used by high-profile professional players in England training to be coaches through The Coaching Manual's partnership with the Professional Footballers' Association (PFA).
For more information, visit www.thecoachingmanual.com
VHSC / HVS General Manager
Steamers ’05 Black win the Generation Adidas Norcross Cup!! The team followed up their State Cup Championship with another tournament title to wrap up a great fall season!
Steamers 04 Black follow up their State Championship from last month with this weekends Showcase Tournament Championship in ATL!
Been an absolute pleasure coaching these boys this season. Undefeated all season, two tournament wins and state champions. But more than anything these are some incredible young men who have bright futures ahead of them. Amazing to see so much growth this fall and a great way to finish their final year of club soccer.Coach Chris Blight
Way to go Steamers!
Former VHSC Academy Director, Coach and friend of the Club and NCAA National Champion Coach Keidane McAlpine continues to make positive strides in the highest ranks of Women’s College soccer. VHSC would like to congratulate Coach Keidane “KD” McAlpine on his new coaching position with University of Georgia.
Coach Pat Flinn in NCAA Final Four Friday Night!
Pat Flinn, who coached at VHSC from 2010-2014, has led the University of Chicago to the NCAA Final Four, where they will face Amherst on Friday night!
Way to go Coach Pat and UC!
Attack 10 black played a hard weekend against some great competition. Coming out with 2 wins and a loss along with skllful play and determination, the Attack secured a first place spot!
Congrats to the girls on a great tournament!
Vestavia Hills Soccer Club Names Rami Dajani new on field Recreational Director. Rami was born and raised in Chicago, where he was a High School Hall of Fame soccer player, holding single season and career scoring records. He moved on to play collegiate soccer on a ranked UAB team. He finished his career with 16 goals, and was team captain his Senior year in 2017!
Before moving to Vestavia Hills Soccer Club, Rami coached Chicago area boy’s and girl’s varsity programs to the most successful seasons of the last decade. Currently, Coach Dajani works as a PE teacher at Vestavia Hills Elementary-Liberty Park (VHELP). He also served the Fall 2021/22 season as a Volunteer Assistant Coach for the Men’s Soccer team at UAB.
For VHSC, Coach D will be heading up the popular GameNight, Rec Skills, U8 Academy, and overseeing the Recreational Champions League.
Registration is now open, come join Coach Rami for Spring soccer at VHSC.
The ’05 Steamers saved their best performances of the state league season for the 2021 Alabama Soccer Association State Cup this past weekend in Foley.
In the semi-finals the Steamers squared off against ’05 Alabama Rush. The team took a 1-0 lead into halftime and never looked back with a 3-0 final score.
The team played in their first Finals appearance against ’05 Alabama FC Central the following day. Once again, the team did not disappoint with excellent team play, scoring 2 first half goals in hard working fashion and both goals with great finishes. The second half saw a late free kick goal by Alabama FC that found it’s way in the goal off a deflection…making the score 2-1. Less than 3 minutes later the Steamers earned a foul in the box and converted the penalty kick to make the score 3-1.
Final score 3-1!
’05 VHSC Steamers are crowned State Cup Champions!
Great highlight to the fall season!!