Jason Woodall is a Georgia native, where he grew up playing his youth soccer in Stone Mountain. He played his Club soccer for the Brookwood Steamers / JD Dempsey's and attended Clarkston High School. After High School, Jason attended Presbyterian College in South Carolina and was a 4-year starter and Captain.
After College, Jason went on to play professional soccer for the Charleston Battery, Columbia Patriots, Greenville Shamrocks, and the Atlanta Ruckus. Jason has been coaching youth soccer since 1990. He has spent over 20 years coaching summer camps at Ralph Lundy Soccer Academy and Mount Berry Soccer Academy.
Hi all Vestavia Soccer Fans and Families!
Feb 5th is our league night shopping event at Academy Sports + Outdoors! Every family will receive 20% off their entire purchase if you present the flyer attached to this email. This offer is good for one day only.
Make sure you are ready for the season ahead by taking advantage of this great offer from our sponsor!
Gear up at Academy Sports + Outdoors!
The Vestavia Hills Soccer Club is excited to announce two new sponsors!
Click to visit easyvetclinic
Click to connect with Jeremy Mclane
TOPSoccer - Spring 2022
Fostering Personal Growth for Special Needs & Disabled Children
Thank you for your interest in our TOPSoccer Program at Vestavia Hills Soccer Club for this Season! This registration is for U4-U19 PLAYERS only.
Volunteers Coaches-Sidekicks register using a different registration.
Ages: Boys and Girls U4-U19
Days / Times: Sundays from 5:30-6:30 PM
Location: Sicard Hollow Athletic Complex
Spring 2022 Dates:
- April 3
- April 10
- April 24
- May 1
Questions? Please email email@example.com
RE: COVID-19 UPDATES 1/11/2022
Unfortunately, COVID-19 is not going away and the omicron variant is spreading much more rapidly than any other variants. You may have heard that the infection with omicron results in less severe disease than infection with the prior variants. This may or may not be true, but what is undisputed is that the rapid spread of omicron means that many thousands of people will be infected within a similar timeframe, burdening the healthcare system, hindering medical procedures, and limiting access to care for all.
As a club, we want to be responsible citizens and do our part in the community to reduce the transmission of COVID-19.
Here are the top four things you can do to help the community and keep your soccer player playing:
- Get vaccinated. Get boosted if you are eligible. The Pfizer vaccine is now available to anyone 5 years of age and older. We urge all players and parents to get vaccinated.
- Be proactive. If your player is notified of (or has) a close contact exposure or has symptoms, report it in the COVID portal, so the club can take appropriate action to keep the whole team safe and playing. CLICK HERE TO REPORT
- A close contact exposure is being less than 6 ft away from an infected person for 15 or more cumulative minutes in a 24 hr period.
- Take appropriate action. If you get notice of a close contact exposure, DO NOT get tested immediately. Testing too soon can result in false negatives. Do the following if you have a close contact exposure:
- If you are vaccinated or have had COVID in the last 90 days, monitor for symptoms and take precautions around others (such as wearing a mask).
- If you are NOT vaccinated, isolate for 5 days OR test on day 3 and you can return with a negative test.
- If you TEST POSITIVE for COVID, isolate for 5 days (from date of positive test) before returning. If you are still experiencing symptoms at day 5, then continue to isolate until you are symptom-free without medication for 24 hours
- Create and maintain safe team environments
- Please do NOT bring a player to practice that has ANY symptoms of illness. No one wants COVID or any other disease spread at practices or games.
- No team meals or gatherings indoors! The science still demonstrates (and we have observed first-hand) that the threat of viral transmission outdoors is still low. But indoor, crowded, or poorly ventilated events increase the spread of the virus DRAMATICALLY.
- If you must carpool, wear masks always, and keep the windows down whenever reasonable. Only carpool when absolutely necessary. This will limit the quarantine of everyone in the carpool, should one individual test positive for COVID.
RE: Coach Education Platform
Vestavia Hills Soccer Club has partnered with The Coaching Manual!
We are delighted to announce that we have partnered with The Coaching Manual in order to support our coaches with the world’s best tools and digital training content.
The Coaching Manual is a resource built for soccer coaches who want to improve their understanding of coaching, find real practical sessions which they can use, and accelerate the development of their players by creating a first-class soccer learning environment.
Chris Barton, Founder of The Coaching Manual, said:
”The Coaching Manual was built to make top coaching content available to everyone, whether they are a student, volunteer, or working in the professional game.
“Our objective is to inspire coaches and players around the world to fall in love with football like we did. We are proud of what we have built, and proud of the fact we are able to help thousands of coaches around the world every single day."
The wealth of broadcast-quality video content available on The Coaching Manual includes a series of masterclasses delivered by some of the most highly-respected coaches in the game, recorded in partnership with the League Managers Association.
The platform also features a number of professional tools, such as the session and diagram creators, shareable folders and club organisational tools, and The Coaching Manual’s intuitive Season Planner.
Academy Director and General Manager, Jason Woodall said...
"The Coaching Manual is the most innovative and robust Coach Education Platform on the market today. One of the most vital pathways and challenges for Coaches to learn is watching other Coaches. In today's society, we are all extremely busy including our Coaches. The Coaching Manual brings Professional Coaches to our Coaching Staff via their smartphones, computers, and tablets! It's amazing to have access to the best coaches around the world coaching actual players in sessions with the click of the mouse or just by opening the app on the phone... We are grateful for the vision of The Coaching Manual and Founders!"
The Coaching Manual is trusted by coaches, clubs, and organisations around the world from grassroots to elite level, including Southampton FC, Sheffield United, Rangers FC, the American Youth Soccer Organization, Chicago Fire, and more. The platform is also used by high-profile professional players in England training to be coaches through The Coaching Manual's partnership with the Professional Footballers' Association (PFA).
For more information, visit www.thecoachingmanual.com
VHSC / HVS General Manager
Steamers ’05 Black win the Generation Adidas Norcross Cup!! The team followed up their State Cup Championship with another tournament title to wrap up a great fall season!
Steamers 04 Black follow up their State Championship from last month with this weekends Showcase Tournament Championship in ATL!
Been an absolute pleasure coaching these boys this season. Undefeated all season, two tournament wins and state champions. But more than anything these are some incredible young men who have bright futures ahead of them. Amazing to see so much growth this fall and a great way to finish their final year of club soccer.Coach Chris Blight
Way to go Steamers!
Thank you for visiting Vestavia Hills Soccer Club! Home to over 1500 soccer players each year, we are excited to announce that Fall 2022 Recreational Soccer Registration is now open! Please click on the link below to sign up on today!
We have multiple locations for all players, genders, and levels! If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.