RE: CLUB ANNOUNCEMENT - A CHANGE IN COVID REPORTING
Although variants of the virus that causes COVID-19 continue to circulate, we know much more about the virus and the disease it causes. Importantly, we now have widely available vaccines and treatments for COVID-19. Given the availability of this knowledge, along with several prevention and treatment options, we feel comfortable ending our active monitoring of COVID-19 within the club and terminating the COVID-19 portal.
We appreciate your cooperation and understanding over the past 2 years as we all navigated changes due to COVID-19. As a club, we have worked hard to be responsible citizens and do our part in the community to reduce the transmission of COVID-19 while also allowing our players to continue to play.
Importantly, viruses causing COVID-19 along with several other respiratory viruses are highly transmissible and currently circulating. Their presence will likely continue to increase as we go through the fall season. So, as we enter a new playing season, we ask that you review the policies below to ensure we are all doing our part to keep our players healthy and our teams playing.
DIRECTIONS FOR FAMILIES
Monitor your child for symptoms. Do NOT bring a player to practice that has ANY symptoms of illness (even if you think it is just allergies). Coaches will understand. Being cautious about your child’s health is the best course of action for every team.
- If your player tests positive for COVID-19:
- Notify your coach.
- Do not participate in club events (games, practices, etc.) for 5 days from the onset of symptoms.
- Your player may return on day 6 if he or she is symptom-free.
- Please tell your child to NOT share water bottles. Sharing of water bottles can quickly spread illness to several players on a team.
DIRECTIONS FOR COACHES
- Remind your players to not come to practice if they have any symptoms of illness. Reassure players they will not be punished for missing practice/games to encourage responsible behaviours.
- Note: we are shutting down the portal, so there is no more reporting to the club.
- Players reporting symptoms should stay home until they are symptom-free.
- Players that report testing positive for COVID-19 must refrain from club activities for 5 days from onset of symptoms. They may return on day 6 IF they are symptom-free.
- Tell players that sharing of water bottles is NOT allowed. This is just best practice to limit the spread of any disease.